1. How and when did you make your first dollar online?
In 2011 with a Book of Poems (that was the title) using Gumroad.
2. How long does it take between the idea and this first dollar?
A couple of days. I had illustrated the book myself and writing it was more of a tool for grieving a bad breakup and an aunt who died rather unexpectedly.
3. What best actionable advice would you give to someone who wants to start TODAY?
I think the easiest way to start is by using Gumroad and I say that only because people think too much about their websites. Websites can come later. Start small.
4. What resources would you recommend to a beginner?
Resources for a beginner besides my book (Love is the Business Plan) would be nearly anything by Seth Godin for mindset, the Marketing Examples blog by a lovely man named Harry for marketing, and the Small Bets community run by Daniel Vassallo for support.
5. Who would you recommend to follow?
I’d recommend following Justin Welsh for his practical advice, Anne-Laure Le Cunff for her transparency and authenticity, and Ev Chapman who is really quite good at sharing her journey as a creator online.
Chief Empathy Officer.– Tanya Moushi
Building tiny businesses with love and sharing bright spots along the way.