1. How and when did you make your first dollar online?
I made the first $20k by selling a domain name for a startup idea I had. It was an ambitious idea that would take me a long time to execute and someone else (heavily funded) came along and took it off my hands. Read the full story here.
To build up recurring revenue, I’ve started Copylime and I am currently focusing on it most of the time.
2. How long does it take between the idea and this first dollar?
Once you have the idea, you need to then put an MVP in place and start talking about it.
Build the MVP in tools/tech stack you know best, ship it and start marketing it asap.
The first dollar should then come if users will find value in your product.
3. What best actionable advice would you give to someone who wants to start TODAY?
Don’t overthink it and don’t over-engineer things – it’s easy to fall down that trap and you will never ship anything.
Ideally, build with a community and for a community. I’ll soon release Build In Community and will guide you on how to do it.
4. What resources would you recommend to a beginner?
5. Who would you recommend to follow?
Indie dev– Peter Mick
Building Copylime.com, TweetAI.com & ChirpHunter.com to help me pay for twins nursery
3 x dad (incl twins!)