1. How and when did you make your first dollar online?
It was 2018, I sent my 2nd or 3rd proposal on Freelancer. Client rewarded me £50 project. I did some work – it was related to increasing YouTube subscribers.
I had no idea what to do, but still I started working on it. I delivered half-baked work. That’s how I earned my 1st dollar online.
2. How long does it take between the idea and this first dollar?
I casually made a Freelancer account and the same day I won the first project. If you say the time taken from action to 1st dollar, then it was the same day.
3. What best actionable advice would you give to someone who wants to start TODAY?
Just focus on 1 skill and do it for 1 year at least.
It will take a few months to master a skill and a few more to find a job or contract but if you keep on switching, this timer resets to zero every time.
4. What resources would you recommend to a beginner?
- Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg is a wonderful book
- Marketing Examples by Harry Dry
- VeryGoodCopy by Eddie Shleyner
- Ariyh by Thomas McKinlay
- Kickstart Side Hustle newsletter by Michal Kankowski
5. Who would you recommend to follow?
This is something the same as above but Thomas McKinlay and Sahil Bloom are the best.
Building in public.– Falak Sher
Working on SoftAcquire.com, marketplace for buying & selling projects.
Tweets about marketing & startups
Discover, buy and sell side-projects, micro SaaS, and startups at SoftAcquire.com, the premium startup acquisition marketplace.