1. How and when did you make your first dollar online?
Theoretically, I made my first dollar about ten years ago, when someone paid me a little fee for showing some ads in my farming browser game 😅
But that was just a single payment and more for fun. The real deal happened in August 2021 when my friend Anki and I got our first customer for our SaaS snappify.io.
Back then we didn’t even think that we were ready for receiving the first payment until one of our users said that he would pay for a specific feature. So we implemented it, integrated a simple payment process using Gumroad, and the first customers subscribed in August 🥳
2. How long did it take between the idea and this first dollar?
We launched the first MVP in March 2021. So it took about 5 months until we received the first dollar for our product 🙌
3. What best actionable advice would you give someone who wants to start TODAY?
- Your first product will most probably fail, make sure to fail early and often!
- It’s good to inform yourself, but don’t get paralyzed in tutorial/researching hell… Start out and learn by doing, and get more experience.
- Join the #BuildInPublic communities on Twitter, IndieHackers & co, learn from others, and exchange!
5. Who would you recommend to follow?
Just a few incredible people from which you can learn a ton:
A powerful design tool for developers. Explain and share your code snippets with the rest of the world. Give it a try: snappify.io