1. How and when did you make your first dollar online?
It was a short e-book and Notion template I made inspired by the book Atomic Habits by James Clear. I made the landing page on Gumroad and posted the link on Twitter. Arvid Kahl retweeted which helped the tweet get more reach. Made my first sale after that.
It was a life-changing moment for me. Completely changed my mind about business.
Captured in this tweet:
2. How long did it take between the idea and this first dollar?
Not long actually. Once I discovered Gumroad I realized how easy it was to share a PDF. I quickly made a product page and pre-launched it. Went from idea to the first dollar within 7 days.
3. What best actionable advice would you give someone who wants to start TODAY?
Think of the smallest problem you can solve for someone just 2 steps behind you.
What have you learned recently? What transformation have you gone through recently?
Write a 3-5 page Word document about it. Convert it into a PDF and put it up for sale. Either for free or for $5 and then share it with the people in your network. Then see how it goes.
- Notion to manage your content and task.
- Gumroad to set up a product page.
- Twitter to reach interesting people.
That’s it really, don’t need much to get started.
5. Who would you recommend to follow?
So many more, I have a Twitter list of people who you must follow:
I Read, I Write, I Think – in that order.– Ayush
I am a Product Manager, Software engineer, Consultant, Freelancer, Writer, Researcher and many more things.
Meet your Mastermind: Build a profitable bootstrapped business without feeling lost